Saturday, June 23, 2012

Run your own show

Have you ever tried to make it to the public library before they close and then see the steam rollers in your bedroom and decide to play with your hair and then all of a sudden it's too late to go to the library so you will spend yet another day in your semi-illiterate state? Because that totally just happened to me.

I love the song Somebody that I Used to Know by Gotye. I do. But every time I read the title of that song I first think of the fantastic Elliott Smith song with the same name, and hear it in my mind.


Music is a friend to mankind. And we know we're supposed to make new friends but keep the old, one is silver, the other gold, blah blah blah. I'm just here to remind you of the cherished silver of our musical past. Don't forget about the people or music you used to know.


Now, some lists.


Attractive men:

My lady crushes:
Taylor Swift
Tabatha Coffey

TV shows I will never get enough of:
The King of Queens
Arrested Development
Home Improvement
Seinfeld
Chopped
Jeopardy
Peppa Pig

Things it would/will be awesome to do one day:
buy a house
live abroad
sleep in a hammock
run a 10K
have a garden
adopt older children
emergency foster care
start a business

1 comment:

chrisfish said...

When you say, "adopt older children", you mean children that are older than you, right? I would enjoy that. I would always say things like, "When I was your age..." and " Don't sass me. I'm your mother.". We should arrange play-dates with our "kids" and talk about their habits as if they're too young to understand us.