Friday, June 08, 2012

About to bid my heart goodbye

I've started to get less excited every time I see a car with Oregon license plates.

To see that is a novelty in places like Pennsylvania, or even Utah. You feel an instant brotherhood with the other driver. Sometimes it's hard when your uniqueness evaporates. It's cool though, I'm handling it.

We had a great time at the auction last night! I fell in love with the sofa pictured on the right, but in the end found myself outbid.

(might I add that the lighting in this iphone photo does not do the beautiful colors of this loveseat justice?)

I did however leave with a nice solid wood bookshelf, which was a steal at $10! I'm not sure if I will give the bookshelf a makeover and re-sell it or if I will keep it for myself. I find its scratches and dings quite charming.

[by the way, bidding at an auction is exhilarating]

Today was full of yardwork and cleaning. I did, however, find myself at the Habitat for Humanity re-store purchasing a few items that I plan to fix up and re-sell.

I came home excited about my projects and having a place to do them! (Lar's garage is like a handygirl's dream) Now to become handy...

My first project will be a cute footstool that I plan to refinish and re-upholster. Photos are forthcoming, of course.

Now off to my favorite local pizza place with family and friends. Then hopefully some songwriting with JewelsandLar! I can't think of a more perfect Friday night. Well, maybe if there were cookies.

5 comments:

luvnmy10 said...

I love auctions, we spent many Friday nights at a local one in Cheyenne Wyoming my jr and sr years in high school. It IS exhilarating, to say the least. For the record, we had cookies tonight at our house.... Just saying...Florida...

luvnmy10 said...

I love auctions, we spent many Friday nights at a local one in Cheyenne Wyoming my jr and sr years in high school. It IS exhilarating, to say the least. For the record, we had cookies tonight at our house.... Just saying...Florida...

chrisfish said...

I love reading your blog... Keep posting every day or else death.

Steve Finnell said...

you are invited to follow my blog

Cassandra said...

License plate excitement is a real thing. I totally understand your feelings. Also, that loveseat was spectacular. Good eye.