Tuesday, June 02, 2009

June is here

June is here. And so is a new playlist.

This month's playlist evolved. It originally had a very vintage, up-beat feel with lots of new artists I have recently discovered. Maybe next month.

I like taking time to close my eyes and remove myself from the world, trying to see it for what it is. Life is beautiful. We have so many things to make us happy on the earth. And to think, this is one of the hardest parts of the plan of happiness. Oh, it is wonderful.

I appreciate it when artists remove themselves from, well, themselves and look outward. I like hearing other people's viewpoints on and dispositions regarding the state of humanity. And so, June's playlist is a mix of songs that focus outward and in so doing somehow help us focus ourselves.

1. When I Go > Brett Dennen
2. Fast Paced World > The Duhks
3. The World Spins Madly On > The Weepies
4. The New Love Song > Joshua James
5. Marching Bands of Manhattan > Death Cab For Cutie
6. New Soul > Nael Yaim
7. On the Edge of a Cliff > The Streets
8. Paper Aeroplane > Angus and Julia Stone
9. No One Knows > Asa
10. Snails > The Format
11. On The Radio > Regina Spektor
12. Keep it Loose, Keep it Tight > Amos Lee
13. Why Do You Let Me Stay Here? > She & Him
14. Viva La Vida > Coldplay
15. Waiting on the World to Change > John Mayer
16. Life is a Song > Patrick Park
17. Shadow Stabbing > Cake
18. Life is Wonderful > Jason Mraz
19. Times Like These > Jack Johnson

Not every song fits into this 'outrospective' genre (#8, 13, 14, etc) but it makes for a nice playlist to have on in the background of a contemplative afternoon of crafts and cooking. What? You don't have time for that? Oh, yeah...me neither....oh wait I do it every day. I'm lucky! And still yearning for more meaning and structure. But, I am so very happy. And the world spins madly on.

3 comments:

They call me Lou said...

You go girl! I love you Che! By the way, I love your playlist. The end.

They call me Lou said...

I know this is the second thing I have said today but I was going through the playlist and I feel like we should maybe be friends for forever. That's all.

Kirsten Smith said...

rock on my friend.

Brett and I had sunday dinner with maria and steve the other day and we found ourselves talking like you and syd. ya know, in a good way, and such as. We then decided we miss you. just an fyi.