Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Where the shadows sing of sunshine

Tragedy struck today.

After having a most enjoyable lunch with Lar at our favorite local Indian restaurant, I walked into the garage to begin an afternoon of furniture demolition. Would you like to know what I saw in the garage? I'll tell you. My plant. dying.

I bought a plant. something to care for, to own, to love. [also it was on clearance at Home Depot when I was there picking up some mulch and furnace filters]

After putting the furnace filters [and plant] in the garage, I promptly forgot about both. for 3 days.


Proof:












I sprang into action, running my plant (who will heretofore be known simply as 'plant') straight to the sunlight and giving him a drink for his mighty thirst. Then, we waited.

3 blessed hours later:












It was a close call, but plant seems to have recovered for the most part. Blessings. Don't worry, I will keep you updated but he seems to be out of the woods for now [and into the suburbs.]

I went to a YSA barbecue tonight. I enjoyed myself.

My errands were never run today. Such is life, am I right. [not really a question because I'm definitely right]

Have you ever felt like plant did in the garage? Have you ever thirsted mightily?

Me too. Sometimes what my thirst needs is a nap. Sometimes its prayer. Sometimes its a bigger change, a bigger movement, a bigger effort.

Isn't it lovely that the Lord gives us control? lets us put ourselves in the sun and get our own drink? Although it is hard to assess our needs and apply them as quickly as plant's, I do believe that this gift I have of agency is quite, quite lovely.

I ran into an old friend at the park tonight (doesn't every YSA barbecue have an afterparty at the park?) I wouldn't have recognized him, but he was slacklining, which I find to be fascinating. He just got back from touring Europe, where he financed his travel through street performing. On a slackline. Who does cool stuff like that?! Apparently my friends do.

Tomorrow? Errands for reals! Next step in furniture demolition, which means stripping paint and sanding. I think I will also take Charlee to the park and exercise my muscles.

1 comment:

Steve Finnell said...

you are invited to follow my blog